Sunday, December 16, 2007

Before I was a MOM!

This is cute...i received it in an email earlier! I love it...ENJOY!

"Before I Was a MOM"-Author Unknown

Before I was a Mom I made and ate hot meals. I had unstained clothing. I had quiet conversations on the phone.
Before I was a Mom I slept as late as I wanted. And never worried about how late I got into bed. I brushed my hair and teeth everyday.
Before I was a Mom I cleaned my house each day. I never tripped over toys or forgot words to lullabies.
Before I was a Mom I didn't worry about whether or not my plants were poisonous. I never thought about immunizations.
Before I was a Mom I had never been puked on, pooped on, spit on, or pinched by tiny fingers. Before I was a Mom I had complete control of my mind, my thoughts, my body and all my feelings. I slept all night.
Before I was a Mom I never held down a screaming child so that doctors could do tests or give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin. I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
Before I was a Mom I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down.I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much. I never knew that I could love someone so much.I never knew I could love being a Mom.
Before I was a Mom I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body. I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby. I didn't know that bond between a Mother and her child.I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important.
Before I was a Mom I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutesto make sure that all was okay.I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much... ...before I was Mom.

0 comments: